Competency: Library Collection
Sub-Category: Collection Development and Management
Superheroes have become a multi-billion dollar industry, with four of the top ten theatrically released films in both 2017 and 2016 being based on comic book properties. Considering that superhero characters started to appear in comics in 1938, though, it can be difficult to know where to start when developing your collections.
In this interactive and informative webinar, a long-time superhero comic fan will teach you how to stop looking at superhero comics as a single genre but instead as multiple genres, allowing you to match materials with your customers.
Topics covered and discussed will include:
- The major comic book publishers and "universes"
- How to select and recommend titles for all ages
- Diversity in superhero comics, especially for YA audiences
- Purchasing for single or multiple branches
- Digital resources and vendors
- Movies and other tie-in media for your collections
- Marketing and promotion
SERLS Member Libraries: $0.00
All Other Libraries: $15.00