This is an archived webinar available from our new archived webinar platform "SERLS Academy". Once you've registered, follow this link
my.nicheacademy.com/serls-staff to join the SERLS Academy
Once your account is created (easy to do...just your email and a password) Jay will be alerted that you're registered in the academy and you'll be able to access the archived webinars.
This particular online experience is a mere 60 minutes in length. Easy to fit into your busy schedule.
The cost you ask? No charge for SERLS members...a mere $15.00 for all other libraries. Enjoy.
Posting storytimes online is a great way to reach a larger audience and expand your skills as a storyteller and educator.
It may seem easy to upload a short video from your phone to YouTube, but there are many important steps you need to take.
Whether you are interested in filming just one story or an entire storytime, this webinar will help you get started on the right track to make your filming a success!
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Basic copyright rules for filming and how to get permission for books and music. I'll show you the template we use to ask publishers and musicians for books and songs. You will also learn how to search for Public Domain songs and how to use those to your advantage.
- Recording tips for filming, including issues with sound, camera angles, and space limitations. Plus, how to find a camera operator and editor!
- How to choose and present a book, flannel and song to be filmed.
- Tips for working with a live audience. Including how to choose young children and their caregivers to be filmed.
- Also how to work with your audience before, during and after the filming has occurred.
SERLS Member Libraries: $0.00
All Other Libraries: $15.00